Re: stRange goings on - 2.5 tonne Commodore 64

I saw a mate in tescos last night who offered me the same amount as

> I paid for it. Im tempted to take him up on it............

Friends don't sell friends Range Rovers ;-)

Blasted piles of over-complicated cack!

All IMHO of course :-P

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Thu, 13 Sep 2007 13:17:54 -0700, Dave R enlightened us thusly:

it's obviously using Windows in the BECM, needed a reboot.

this is a P38, right? I get the impression that "they all do that, sir".

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Ok - maybe I asked for that and accepting I'm not a detective is that it? I can't see it pulling the caravan somehow.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

It's got enough bloody torque! :-)

Tis a Suzuki Bandit 1200 motoringcycle [1], which I am using for all normal purposes at the moment (commuting etc.). I have got a F*rd M*nd** estate for caravan and load-lugging duties, and I have to say it has more room for stuff than the D2, and tows the caravan ten times better, while using half the fuel. I took a bit of reality check on my fleet and realised that I don't actually *need* a 4x4 in my daily life. The Landy itch is still well served by the S2a, which sits on the back drive and has hardly turned a wheel in months. Tuits seem to be in very short supply recently.

[1] Simple oil/air cooled Jap four with carbs - cheap but competent all-rounder, bulletproof and simple as a knife and fork. It has the added benefit that anyone over 40 looks at it and thinks it's a real motorcycle and not a plastic toy.
Reply to
Rich B

So when the dash display turns a nice shade of blue, you start worrying.

Reply to
Rich B

Rich B uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Ah, gotcha. Does sound like a proper bike too by the description.

I had a couple of Sierra estates that passed through my hands some years back, they were cavernous too. Never towed with them mind. I'd have had the new Mondeo Estate if it had been man enough to tow the caravan which we are looking to upgrade to after bump arrives. I was a tad gutted as I'd chosen the colours and all that. Still... my Oddjob III has made up for it ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Huh?

nigelH

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt

Yeah... look at it as an opportunity Dave... H'mm the Handbrake must have slipped.

Piss taking aside I passed a RRIII tonight 50 yards up the road. The suspension on it looked like it had gone do-lally as it was about a foot higher at the front than it should be and about 8 inches at the rear. Deffo summat amiss. If it's there in the morning I'll try and get a photo.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Heh. That's what my ex-Disco did on holiday. Think I must have given it too much supermarket wine.

Reply to
Rich B

Perhaps it had a really heavy tow ball..........

I had kept this from you mate, but you know i mentioned that RR3 my boss had a while back, the one we drove to Germany and back non-stop?

Well unfortunately that broke big time. I happened to check the oil in it one day to find that there was virtually none. Oil cooler and associated pipework was ker-nakered.

had that done under warranty and then 2 months later the gear selector threw a wobbly. Whenever you put it in D it went backwards, and in R it went forwards!

I can't say much though. The RR2 failed to start easily this morning. I'm hoping its just a set of glowplugs. I've got to be out of the house at 5:30 to get to work in the morning so we'll see if its that or something more sinister.

At least you can watch the telly in yours if it breaks down!!!

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

We're all DOOMED I TELL YA!

Fear not , a browse of the Rangie.net has already struck fear in to my visa card.

I'm sure I'm going to have my fair share of woes. I'll have a butchers at the oil cooler too. Thanks of the heads up, that said this one isn't leaking yet so it must be empty already.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I drive buses in leeds and whenever we radio in a fault on the new volvos, first instruction is ALWAYS , "turn it off, isolate it, leave it for 5 mins, turn it all on and try again" ,,, 99% of the time this cures the fault, think the onboard computer must be running windoze, i.e. a quick reboot and all is well,

sounds like your rangie has the same/similar sytems

Reply to
Smurf