Repairing the rear floor (disco)

I've removed the corroded rear floor from my disco and repaired the corroded sections around the edge. Thing is there was four straps/supports that were spot welded across the floor panel, two are of a U section type whilst the remaining two are just flat sheet about 3-4" wide. I can't see the point of the flat pair as they dont seem to do anything!

Can anyone tell me if they have a purpose? Looking from the back door the positions are Flat-Support-Flat-Support!

Cheers Mark

Reply to
Jinx

Probably there to stop it vibrating/developing an annoying harmonic at certain engine revs. Also they will probably stop the panel from "popping" when weight is applied. They were put there for a reason so I'd put them back if I was doing the job (it's only a minor task in the whole job).

Reply to
EMB