EBAY SPOOF EMAILS !!!

Hi all

I know im going to be flamed for this one but to hell with it you have helped me out so don't want you to get stung

there is an email supposedly from eBay billing wanting you to confirm all your details even asks for you pin no and driver licence no how stupid do they think we are.

I know allot of you guys buy and sell on eBay so just a quick one to give you the heads up.

All the best gang

Paul

109" S3 project on the go
Reply to
Paul Henry

Yea I wondered for awhile if those were actually from ebay but like you said asking for unrelated details kinda gives the game away . I get the same suposidly from alot of the major banks asking me to confirm my account details and my online password ! lol Oh and then theres the Nigerian buisnessman who needs to stash a couple of mil in my account ! I had him on for quite awhile !

Max

Reply to
Max Wilkinson

forward any ebay emails you are unsure about to snipped-for-privacy@ebay.co.uk

they will tell you if its come from them or not. more likely not! Richard

Reply to
Richard

Bugger thought I was going to get the odd million for a sec oh well :-)

Glad the first reply wasnt a flaming war starting out lol

All the best

Reply to
Paul Henry

"Paul Henry" wrote in news:40fc2ad1$0$6449$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com:

I'm currently selling a 200Tdi online

and Autotrader) and I'm amazed at the number of scammers who've contacted me by email or phone either claiming they want to buy it (unseen) for export or expecting me to pay them an agency fee for introducing their "buyer"!

As the saying goes, if they are expecting to find a fool in the country, it's a good thing they brought their own!

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Interestingly this ebay one had actually bothered to make the link text read the actual ebay credit card page, just the link sent you to a spoof. Nice to see that the scammers are actually having to bother trying to disguise what they are doing.

Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Bell

Tried this, but ebay bounced the email back as it had an executable command within it!!! Decided to ignore it instead and funnily enough, nothing further heard. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Yes, they keep coming in, eBay and banks the same. It's rather a giveaway when you don't have a Barclays account.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Heheheh .. ;)

Reply to