Replacing heater core on 1990 RRC

OK so I have the heater assy on my bench and almost in two halves.

The sticking point is the fresh/recirculated air flap which appears to fit neatly around the fan body.

Service repair 80.20.29 says, at step 6: "Position flap A as shown, prise and slide its lower edge through the gap between motor housing and outer case."

Even with my limited strength the edge of the flap protrudes about 3mm over the motor housing when placed as directed. It's worse at the other end of its travel.

Help! How do I split the b***********d thing without resorting to a gas axe?

TIA

Richard

Reply to