Revenge is sweet (OT)

Why you shouldn't be impatient with old folk.

Richard Brookman

In message , Richard Brookman writes

Thanks Richard

Funniest thing I've seen this week!

Reply to
john

Very good indeed!!!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob)

'"gimme the f*ckin' money"

Reply to
Nige

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 13:57:42 -0000, "Richard Brookman" scribbled the following nonsense:

excellent, she even manages to set off the airbag, which must have cost a fortune!!!!!!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

ROFLMAO brilliant Derek

Reply to
Derek

...and Simon Isaacs spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

To me, that was the funny bit. Not the chuckles of the sk8ers, or the arse getting what he deserved for harrassing an invalid pensioner, but the look of bemused horror as the airbag slowly deflates in front of him. He's getting out at the end - I would like to know what happened in the next 30 sec.

I thought airbags were supposed to deploy only in serious frontal impacts. This was a half-loaded shopping bag! Mercedes quality control?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

More like a fake video, perhaps as part of some comedy programme or other. There's no puff of powdery smoke that I've seen when an airbag explodes, they're inflated with a small explosive charge, and are supposed to deflate immediately because they're not airtight (although it does appear to deflate when he pushes it out of the way).

Also if the old lady is standing at the edge of the road and needs a horn beeping to wake her up then why did he screetch to a stop in the first place (which you don't see, only hear).

In the mpeg version of the video I've seen you can see the airbag take about 1/3-1/2 of a second or so to inflate (you can see it take shape), which seems far too slow for the descriptions of airbag inflation I've seen in which it happens so fast that the air displaced can supposedly harm hearing and/or blow out a window, and if it happens too late or the driver is too close to the wheel, can cause nasty injury.

Finally of course, it seems too funny to be true, especially the comedic jump of the old woman just slumped there at the side of the road, put together the whole thing just doesn't ring true. There's so much fakery around that if it doesn't ring true it probably isn't.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Not to mention that only one airbag goes off and the force the old lady puts on the crush can doesn't crush it and if it triggered at that level of force it'd go off if you went over a speed bump too hard or nudged a car when parking etc etc etc....

It's got to be a fake basically. Probably a cutting from an advert or some comedy programme or sommat like that.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I'm tempted to agree. Still kin funny though!

Reply to
Mother

...and Ian Rawlings spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Big spoilsport.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Sorry :-P

Well given the crap that people have been believing since the dawn of time in churches and mosques etc all over the world, I'm sure you can be forgiven suspending disbelief on this occasion!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I'll raise your churches and mosques with...

... The Arizona Desert

Reply to
Mother

Ssshhh!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Mon, 09 Jan 2006 09:12:46 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

yeah, I liked it when it first impinged on my attention.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Of course, those of us who have the delight of owning a Mercedes can actually believe that their airbags, in common with the rest of the car, are fragile s**te.

Took ours for first MoT this morning. As it's basically a town car I took it for a good thrash on the way. Revved it out in first and the engine stopped dead. Wouldn't restart, until about 2-3 minutes later.

That would have been a long two minutes if I'd been in the middle of the road....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs