Seatbelts

I am considering installing lapstraps in the back of my 110 ( to stop the kids hitting me on the back of the head if I brake hard).

The kits available, provide an 80mm steel square plate to act as a load-spreader behind the aluminium of the wheel arch.

Steel and ali' next to each other under the wheel arch, combined with mud and salty roads? They will soon become a one-piece item.

Does anyone have any better ideas?

Reply to
Swanning about

Contraception?

David

Reply to
rads

"rads" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Too late

Reply to
Swanning about

"Swanning about" wrote........

Tectyl wax by Valvoline, plenty of it on both surfaces, then let it dry for a couple of days, no trouble with rear corner panels on RRC. Or maybe some polythene sheet trapped between?

Martin

Reply to
Oily

If the steel parts are plated/galvanised that will help but the priority is to prevent liquid i.e. what becomes the electrolyte, lodging between the two surfaces.

Fill the entire cavity between the components with wax as Martin suggests and then rewax the external surfaces of the cavity after a few days having kept it dry in the meantime.

I wouldn't recommend a plastic insert.

Reply to
Dougal

Swanning about waffled thusly

Whilst I'm quite happily married and secure about my own sexuality, there's something about recommending a layer of VASELINE on each surface that somehow smacks of deepravity ... ;)

.. well, it works for battery terminals!

Reply to
Paul - xxx

An old bit of inner tube?

Richard