Servicing a disco: next question

(thanks for all the replies to my earlier post) I'm still trudging through servicing my disco 300tdi (1998) What is the brake fluid capacity (its not in the handbook or haynes) ?

Also, when I changed the axle oil - it was a tan colour from the back axle and very dark brown from the front axle and from the transfer box. Why? TIA ray

Reply to
ray newport

Less than a litre. Use DOT 4 or 5.1 when changing.

The front and centre diffs have a lot more work to do than the rear, and probably get hotter due to their position.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware