SIII SWB Seats and Windscreen Washers

Hi all, I have just purchase a SWB Series III, and was wondering if anyone had any tips on the following:

1) Side facing rear seats, and seat belts! How can I get hold of some and how do I fit them? 2) Forward facing rear seats? Is anyone aware of any mods available? Advice on how to get in and out with only a rear door for access? 3) Poor powered windscreen wiper washers! Anyone know of where I can get hold of a cheap kit to deliver water to the blade itself?

Any information would be appreciated

Ta

David

Reply to
DaveJ

Padocks sell the lot.... drill holes, bolt down seats fix in seatbelts reinforce seat belt anchorage...sorted

See Paddocks range and also Exmoor trim , though you need to be slim to squeeze between them not ideal as a main car for the family but better than the side facing option IMHO

Halfrauds should do pumps...just route a flexy rubber hose up the arm and fasten to same with cable ties...not a good idea with the winter coming though as the lot will freeze and no doubt fracture the pipe.

Best just to get new jets and a new pump... check the earth on the current one and give the jets a rodding with a pin. Get them working well then fill up with screenwash but beware some types go gloopy in the washer bottle and may be the route of the problem.

Lee D

--

- Landrover projects site

Reply to
Lee_D

Mate has flexy pipe running up his wipers to work as washers. Don't think he's had any trouble with it freezing/fracturing. If its anything like mine then the water probably runs back down the pipe to the reservoir pretty quickly anyhow.

If you want to replace the pumps there is a nice selection down at the scrapyard. You could get a dual pump reservoir.

True. It should work pretty well with the proper jet's. I bought 2 new squirters for my landy, and have replaced the piping and pump/reservoir with bits off a VW passat and a black cab i think. Its also got new wires to the pump. Works pretty well. probably better than my car in fact..

Reply to
Tom Woods