Fitting 3/4 tilt

Hi Guys, I'm trying to work out how a 3/4 tilt fits on a series Sa SWB, i know it goes over the rear hoop and i know if fastens round the truck cab rear window, but what hold it up at the front of the hood, just behind the truck cab? i don't have any holes for another stick and the set of holes behind the seats are used to hold the back of the truck cab down, am i missing something?

cheers

Gary

Reply to
gary

Hi Gary, There's a metal framework bolted to the back of the truck cab which the 3/4 tilt ties round. It fits all round the window at the back and has an extension piece at the bottom on each side like a trough to keep the rain out. Is that the Gary who had the stick set not long ago? If it is, I might have one of those lying about on an old cab that you can have.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Hi Martin, Yes its me! - lol

I have the metal framework and the troughs either side, on my truck cab, i just can't see what keeps the front of the tilt from flopping down, and i didn't want to order one if i didn't have everything i needed.

cheers

Gary

Oily wrote:

Reply to
gary

There is a hoop which goes directly behind the truck cab to support the hood, but it does not mount into a pair of holes like the rear hoop. It has a flange which bolts on, through the two smaller holes in the capping just behind the truck cab hole. See

Although it is not particularly clear from this picture

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Thanks Alex,

I've seen the 2 holes in the rear body i think you are on about, so is this something that doesn't come with a normal hoop set?

if not any idea where i could get one from?

cheers

Gary

Alex wrote:

Reply to
gary

Gary, I didn't realise you wanted to fit the metal truck cab with 3/4 tilt when you asked for the hoop set. You only need the rear hoop and the one behind the cab that Alex mentioned. You can cut the bottom off both sides of the front hoop and weld a flat plate on the bottom of both sides but the welding will destroy the galvanising. I think I might be able to locate the right one tomorrow and if so I will notify you tomorrow night.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Although the hood tends to sag in the middle if you dont have the bracing bars that run from front to back....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

He already has those horizontal bars from the full stick set but he will need to flatten one end of both sides and re-drill them at the right length.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Thanks Martin, I only thought about fitting a 3/4 tilt after i got the stick, but i fancy the idea for over winter.

If you do have one that would be great!

cheers

Gary

Oily wrote:

Reply to
gary

Yes, I've got one which is the middle one off a 109" that you can use/modify slightly if it's not the same. Mail me when you've the chance and you can have it FOC.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Martin you are a gent!

I will drop you a line when i can get over.

Gary

Oily wrote:

Reply to
gary