Snorkels

Is there any way of fixing the top end without drilling holes in the window frame - I just don't like the idea of allowing moisture to find its way down to the bulkhead no matter how carefully you seal them

Reply to
Julian Pollard

Julian Pollard uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Percy had one when I got him, I binned it but it was fixed to the gutter.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Water getting in here is only getting into the window frame not the gutter (assuming you are talking Series/90/110/Defender) - which will rust just as well but is a LOT easier to replace. JD

Reply to
JD

If you don't drill into the windscreen frame it will rust anyway, so might as well just drill the bastard!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

LOL - there's plenty to be said for pragmatism.

Reply to
William Tasso

Could be an opportunity ( I mean this most sincerely friends) to inject the frame with waxoyl- that should keep the demons at bay for a bit longer Derek

Reply to
Derek

Have I missed something ????

You're about to fit a snorkel, assumedly so you can bury your landy in some local quagmire or river and you are worried about a bit of moisture getting in the bulkhead PMSL.

-- Andy

Reply to
Fuzzy

Point taken but still better to keep out as much as possible - sorry you cannot provide constructive help

Reply to
Julian Pollard

|| Point taken but still better to keep out as much as possible - sorry || you cannot provide constructive help

Small point, but if you strip out *everything* in the original post before you reply, it makes it rather hard to see what you are on about.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

The only constructive thing I could have written has alrady been written, I think it was something along the lines of, "drill it and bladdy get on with driving it, it'll rust anyway". I was just amusing myself more than anything with the reply.

-- Andy

Reply to
Fuzzy