Solihull plant for the axe *again*

hugh wrote:

Lots of the new 'light vehicles' designed with a load capacity of more than two tonnes seem to be having technical problems.
Keep a look out for something named the 'Tata LSV', which may just be the new Defender, the spec sounds very familiar...
The split windscreen could be on its way back...
http://static.autoblog.nl/images/wp2008/Tata%20LSV.jpg
--
William Black

"Any number under six"

Tata used to make nice kit - is there still a Mercedes-Benz connection?
--
SimonM
----- TubeWiz.com -----

in my limited experience, people on the subcontinent are excellent mechanics - they can mend almost anything!
--
SimonM
----- TubeWiz.com -----
SpamTrapSeeSig wrote:

But you can't mend a 'black box' and spares prices and internal transport all give serious grounds for concern.
They like stuff you can mend with a hammer and a pipe wrench.
It doesn't bother me much because Tata are based in Bombay, which is where I live when I'm in India, so if I do buy a car there I'm alright...
--
William Black

"Any number under six"
Dave Liquorice wrote:

'Lightweight' = 'no chassis'
--
William Black

"Any number under six"

The first air-portable Rangie?
I'll get me coat...
--
SimonM
----- TubeWiz.com -----
Dave Liquorice wrote:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/article.cfm?c_id=9&objectid 600087

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/article.cfm?c_id=9&objectid 600087
There's an article on page 75 of Saturday's Daily Express about it, I reckon it looks like a BMW X3/5 with the top shaved down. I have my doubts, there's lots of 4wd cars that fill that market already.

That is truly horrible. It looks like some medical shoe.
--
SimonM
----- TubeWiz.com -----

But it's badged as a Land Rover.