disco II cruise swithces

ISTR that yuo need the wheel switches, the one on the dash and a bit of wiring inside the wheel...

anyone got a source to buy the whole set for a good price? They used to be on fleabay, but I can't see any now, nor any others online. I'm sure there used to be people selling the bundle as a set.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

That is correct done it wtwice on mine.

Oh dear, well they did stop making DII's 4 years ago (ish) so I guess the market has died.

The last kit I got was from ebay seller edam19 end Nov last year for =A383.79. I see he has recently had feedback on them for sales in August at =A364.99...

Both switches are (should be) available as spares there are two types of dash switch one for early DII's that fits in the LHS of the binical and one for the newer DII's when the switch goes in the RHS bank above the fuel filler switch. I *think* the only difference is in the shape of the switch cover but both are (where...) on some of the LR spares sites. The other difference would be the side the "on" LED is

What you don't get with the steering switch as a spare is the bracket and screws, that fix it to the center of the steering wheel. It's not much more than a bit of thick kinked ali. A man of your metal bashing capabilites shouldn't have a problem.

Dave Liquorice

I know Discoparts used to do it as a kit before they went bust, maybe a LR dealer can get the bits, probably not that expensive?

Reply to
Andy

I understand that the bracket is just a mirror image of that fitted to the other side of the steering wheel.

Reply to
Dougal

Try this link:

Regards,

Mick

Dico II 2001

Mick

On or around Thu, 24 Sep 2009 18:54:54 +0100, "Mick" enlightened us thusly:

ta, handy. Now, the odd thing: the list seems to say that pre 3Annnnnn the switch is LHS, and after that RHS. Mine is XAnnnnnn and yet the only blank with a wire behind it is on the RHS of the binnacle: it's plugged into the switch blank. I didn't notice any other wires or plugs behind the other blanks.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Isn't XA > 3A therefore RHS?

IIRC the connector is white with three wires, it's too dark and wet to go out an'ave a look at the wire colours now

This 04 reg is RHS and the RHS switches are rear wash/wipe, rear wipe on/off, cruise and fuel flap release. The LHS is front fog, rear fog, erm I forget or blank, rear distance beeper off.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Thu, 24 Sep 2009 21:24:59 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

no, they had letters before numbers.

well, seeing as that LR lot mentioned nearby didn't have the steering wheel switches in stock and have yet to inform me whether, never mind when, they might have them (about which I'm a tad miffed) the question is moot. The plug fits the switch and the little light on the switch comes on, but without the set/resume switches it's hard to tell if it does anything.

If I were doing it, the plugs for those switches would have different keying, to prevent the wrong one being plugged into the wrong switch, but I've not looked to see if this is so. There aren't any plugs hiding the other side, though, that I could see.

I'll see if anyone else has the wheel swithces actually available...

Reply to
Austin Shackles