Spring has sprung

and here comes summer (for those of us in the northern half)

Thoughts turning again to deep-cycle batteries and associated paraphernalia - is there a useful resource? Simply taking a look on /that auction site/ reveals a wide variety - some aren't even listed with specs.

I'm sure this has been done to death before but I could do with a few pointers wrt charging arrangements etc.

Talking of summer ... anyone know where I can get coleman-fuel without paying the earth? I'd gladly buy a reasonable quantity if the price is right.

Reply to
William Tasso

Google for "battery faq", should get you to one of the most useful sites on the subject.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

ok - now I'm a fully qualified bore on the subject of AGM deep cycle juice boxen , but I'm none the wiser on charging/isolation installations. However, one piece of knowledge seems universal - don't just bung in another battery in parallel with your starting battery because they'll drag each other down.

btw: the temorary hosting arrangements at batteryfaq.org appear to have broken the internal link structure - but the good news ... the URLs are fairly easy to decypher.

Reply to
William Tasso

-snip-

Can't help with Coleman fuel in quantity (I've always used unleaded without incident), but the following is a useful reference for the ingredients in common fuels, including Coleman, and lists substitutes that shouldn't damage your stove:

I've heard of people buying "essence C" in France, which is supposedly cheaper and a similar makeup.

Reply to
Danny

aye - so have I but it is extremely 'dirty' compared to coleman fuel.

ahh - yes, I found the web version of that.

Interesting - I'll bear that in mind, but I'm not travelling to France just to pick up a few litres of cookup fuel :)

Reply to
William Tasso