Frothy Coolant

Hi, Perhaps someone can confirm my diagnosis, 1986 110 CSW, when I stop the engine, coolant is ejected out of expansion tank tube. I have noticed small bubbles in expansion tank and after a mile or so coolant is 'frothy'. There appears to be no oil in coolant, or coolant in oil and the temperature hasn't gone over normal levels. I'm guessing its the head gasket just starting to go, does anyone agree, or could it possibly just be the spring in the expansion tank cap is U/S?. I have bought a gasket set to replace this weekend, anything to watch out for in this job, it looks fairly straight forward in the manual...

Smudge

Reply to
Smudge

yes, more than likely head gasket i reckon. If there's no oil in it then it's maybe gone between the cylinder and the water gallery.

Depends what engine it is as to ease of changing. I do alot of work on outboards and I find that the problem is not changing the gasket itself but what caused it to go in the first place!

Dave

Reply to
Dave R