Sunroof into Series 3 cab roof?

I've read hereabouts that a Disco sun roof will go nicely (leaks aside) onto a Series 3 cab roof.

1 - Presumably this is just the front sunroof? Or will the rear one fit? 2- Can anyone suggest other models (Defender?) or generic brands that would fit the flat roof? UK sources? Thanks.

-- John, London

Reply to
junk

I can't see you having any trouble getting a sunroof to fit. In fact I have the one from my old truck cab sitting here doing nothing. It is BIG and has removable glass (so you can get out and attatch a rope without even getting a foot wet when concked out in the middle of a river). It's certainly flat, so an hard top roof should be no problem.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

One of my 110's had a 'universal' sunroof in the front, there are a few around as others have mentioned, should be easy to fit one in the rear just the same, I've even seen them fitted in the side panels of hard-tops.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

If you check on ebay there are plenty of 'universal' sun roof kits on there. They usually go for £10-£15. My 2A has (what looks like) one of them in the front of the hardtop.

You will have to cut one of the struts that run front to back to fit the sunroof. Doesnt seem to affect the strengh of the roof that much (I can still walk on it without anything bad happening!).

Reply to
Tom Woods