there's offroaders and then again

.

and yes he did lose the case reason- lack of (his) offroad driving> ability. Derek

What a Terry f****it.

How do fools like this actually breath unaided?

That car isn't the best, but he is worse!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

I particularly like the bit where the other car rescues it without ever tightening the tow rope...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Worked for me, in Australia :)

Karen

Reply to
Karen Gallagher

On or around Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:09:41 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

heh. almost worth coming to Billing for. will he be taking it on the off-road course?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:48:38 +0100, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

both of 'em worked here.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

.

and yes he did lose the case reason- lack of (his) offroad driving ability.> Derek

Difficult to understand the guy's attitude. We all make mistakes (or I do, anyway). I'm ashamed to admit that I managed to cross axle myself recently in a field in my 2A (although I didn't need to ask for a tow!!!). My reaction was "what an idiot I just was", not "this is not a capable vehicle".

It seems there are four possibilities: a) The guy really is an idiot with regard to the laws of physics and the way diffs work b) The guy doesn't understand diff control (whether lock, limited slip or via brakes) and didn't read the book c) The guy has the modern "sue whoever you can" mentality d) The guy is deliberately adding fuel to the anti 4x4 lobby

It may be, also, that advertising of the sort used by all SUV manufacturers encourages consumers to think that a 4x4 makes off road driving the same as on road driving.

I keep seeing similar problems when 4x4 owners bring out their vehicles to show them off in the snow and fail to realise that *all* vehicles have 4 wheel brakes. 4 wheel drive doesn't give infinite stopping power to the brakes!!! Let's hope we don't see lawsuits against the

4x4 manufacturers when someone is killed or injured by an irresponsibly driven 4x4 careering out of control in the snow.
Reply to
ArthurC

It worked today - strange.

... but what a **nker! Words escape me.

Does anyone know a way of saving these streamed things?

Reply to
Dougal

the 2nd clip is

you should be able to right click and "save target as" assuming you use windoze

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

There's more?

Right click etc. - no, I was wanting to create a stand-alone file which this won't do. However I came across 'WM Recorder' which has done an excellent job.

Reply to
Dougal

Worked just fine in Firefox with Real Player.

Reply to
SteveG

If you look and listen the "rope" is actually two lifting chains. So will have quite a bit of "pull" once it's lifted of the ground, without going taut.

From his comments in the pre trial clip he obviously expects "four wheel drive" to mean that all four wheels are all driven all the time, presumably without any diffs, anywhere. He's also phrases his point about the rotational speed of the wheels carefully. I reckon he knows that if he put the revs up the TC would kick in...

I do like the part in the second clip where *his* car is making ample progress through thick, rough, mud.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

URL?

Reply to
Lee_D

DIY? - Google!!

There's a two minute recording limit on the demo version. Cracked copies exist.

Reply to
Dougal

It's less than 50 USD FFS - if you like it and you're going to use it, why not BUY IT?

That way there's an incentive for the developers to continue developing it rather than saying "f*ck it, everyone's cracking it, we're out of here".

I got into this game through what used to be known as 'shareware'. I've released shedloads of stuff as shareware, often made a good night out on it too (thanks for all who registered my stuph BTW), other stuff as freeware and most recently I tend to GPL everything. I hate freeloaders (not, I'm sure, that there are any here) who can't be arsed to buy a couple of pints for someone who has spent hundreds of hours writing code for something you may like, and use.

Reply to
Mother

I agree. I love the try before you buy concept, & will happily pay for something I know works. I must be one of the few people that paid for Automenu, and Winzip & others. As an IT professional myself I know what grief can go into programming. I'm smart enough to be happy to pay others to do it for me these days :)

Karen

Reply to
Karen Gallagher

Hear bloody hear.

Steve

Reply to
steve

Seconded!

I always pay for a decent piece of shareware if it is reasonably priced (most are) and it does what I want reliably (many don't!). The only pain is trying to remember to keep hold of all the downloads and license keys when you wipe your PC.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock
[shareware]

I hear ya - there are many of us that just ain't suited to admin. Even my gsm/cell provider wants me to remember a password these days.

Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Fri, 14 Jul 2006 23:48:06 +0200, Matthew Maddock enlightened us thusly:

I have 2 ways of doing that: I have a big directory on the HDD which is called "install files" and has all the downloaded installers in it (including old versions) and this every now and then gets backed up to DVD.

I also have a text file with all the licence numbers and keys and so forth, and that is saved on 2 different machines and also printed out on paper.

Reply to
Austin Shackles