Top Gear petition

Guys (& Galls!)

Found this "save top gear" petition link on another forum, if you are remotely interested, sign online here:-

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

|| Guys (& Galls!) || || Found this "save top gear" petition link on another forum, if you are || remotely interested, sign online here:- ||

Done (and URL forwarded to some others). 5600 so far.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Whether it'll do any use or not, I'm number 6021 now.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

|| On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:59:12 +0100, Badger || wrote: || ||| Guys (& Galls!) ||| ||| Found this "save top gear" petition link on another forum, if you ||| are remotely interested, sign online here:- |||

Worth reading this too:

Clarkson's article, if you haven't seen it. Cheers you up a bit.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Done.

Reply to
aghasee

Ooh, i love his description of Neil Lyndon..... The Article is the best laugh i've had in years.

May a thousand flies crawl up the bottoms of all the health & saftey killjoys.

Alex

PS. Up to 10,000 sigs now

Reply to
Alex

Done No.13276

Reply to
wireless

Just put mine on, 13600 odd, also duly forwarded to mates!

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

Done # 14528

Derek is locktite meant to lock the thread while you are still tightening the bolt? or is it just my luck

Reply to
Derek

from ITV News website (?)

The next series of Top Gear has been postponed until presenter Richard Hammond has recovered.

The 36-year-old has been moved to a general ward after spending time in intensive care recovering from a brain injury he suffered in a high-speed accident while filming for the programme.

The series was due to begin on October 8.

A BBC statement read: "We would not think of finalising plans for the next series without discussing it with everyone involved.

"When it is suitable, the team will do this and we will announce a new transmission date."

The presenter is still at Leeds General Infirmary.

A hospital spokesman said: "He is continuing to do well."

Derek

Reply to
Derek

....... and BBC Publicity Department can't believe their luck.

Yes - I am a cynic!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

beamendsltd uttered summat worrerz funny about:

There is that I suppose. But lest face it if they did pull the plug there would be pleanty of other channels chomping at th ebit to take up a show in the same format, same presenters...perhaps call it "Overdrive" or "Warpdrive" or as no doubt Jeremy keeps reminding the Hammers "Can't Drive" ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

If the show was banned because the Hamster had a blow out, does that mean all the soaps will be banned as well? I mean they have murders, kidnappings, drugs, drinking etc etc etc and are watched by far more viewers?

Reply to
Cyberwraith

I don't see anywhere that it was going to be banned - the Beeb just said they may have to delay transmission and/or do some editing to respect Mr. Hannonds families whishes should he have not recovered.

As he is seemingly going to recover well enough, there would appear to be no problem, but the Beeb might as well let the rumour mill keep running as it is all generating millions of pounds worth of free programme advertising - even in these groups!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

|| May a thousand flies crawl up the bottoms of all the health & saftey || killjoys.

Oi! That's my job now (since my "proper" job was evaporated in a reorganisation of the company a month ago). I'm quite popular with the directors, as I use a fairly light touch in approaching H&S issues :p It all depends on how you interpret phrases like "reasonably practicable" and "foreseeable risk". It is quite possible to take a common-sense approach and get the job done (like make sure people don't die if there is a fire) without making everyone's life a misery. Mind you, there is immense scope for jobsworthiness and killjoyativity if you wanted to be a complete arse.

I'll tie my trouser bottoms up just in case!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:38:49 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

killjoviality?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

|| On or around Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:38:49 +0100, "Richard Brookman" || enlightened us thusly: || ||| killjoyativity || || killjoviality?

Pedanticological.

Are Jove and Joy related anyway (apart from as man and wife, obviously)?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:39:51 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

I dunno. jovial is sort of cheerful and stuff, ain't it, as a word?

Reply to
Austin Shackles