Utterly OT - 220mph bike ride

Also helps to have a couple of young kids in the car! I was rather shocked to see a Police car appear in my rear view mirror when I was doing (an indicated) 90 on the motorway. I slowed to 80 - thought any less would make me look really guilty! He sat behind me for a minute then overtook and gave me a stern finger waving! No doubt if I'd been younger and on my own I'd have been pulled.

Matt.

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

I drove in formation with four cop cars once, they were driving in convoy along the motorway, M4 or M3 IIRC, at about 80. I drove past them at 85 reasoning that they were going somewhere and weren't likely to bother me, but they surrounded me, one in front, one behind and two on either side and we tootled along at 85 for a few miles before they pulled off the motorway! I was in a tatty old Audi 90 and was about

28 or so at the time. Very odd.
Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I rather doubt they'd admit to giving that advice if anything went wrong...

Reply to
Mother

...and Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Once upon an ancient time many years ago I ascended Edge hill on my even older scooter involuntarily wheelying because of the weight of the illegal passenger on the back, gotta say the follies of youth, the inadequacies of ancient lambretta scooters but it was fun.

Reply to
Larry