Venture Cam details info required (pantelis)

People Hi,

does anyone happen to know the operating details of the Venture Cam? Venture Cam is the remote wireless camera which connects to the onboard monitor of the latest Range Rover (is it available also for the LR3?)

Does anyone know whether this camera communicates with the monitor with bluetooth or does it require a dedicated receiver? I know it transmits a signal at 433 Ghz. Is this bluetooth frequency?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Take care Pantelis

P.S. I am considering asking for such a system from Land Rover UK. They are currently building a base model LR3 for a round the world expedition to be undertaken by a Greek journalist whom I assist into setting up/preparing the vehicle. We plan on using the Venture Cam with his laptop since the car will be as much as possible without electronics, trying to keep only the bare essentials like the engine related, ABS etc ones. Coil springs instead of air suspension, no Terrain Response of course. BTW can the rear locking diff be fitted without the Terrain Response system?

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

If you are planning to use a camera with a laptop would a USB webcam

not be a simple and more cost effective solution or do you need the remote external facility bearing in mind the Venture Cam is only good for around 20metresDerek

Reply to
Derek

Are you sure that is not 433 MHz. This is a far more common frequency and most wireless cameras are in the

Reply to
fanie

Pantelis

I can confirm the Venture Cam is on the bluetooth frequency. In order for the Venture Cam to work, the vehicle will shut down the bluetooth phone connectivity. It's not a bad bit of kit, and comes in useful for me when reversing the caravan in narrow places, I simply attach it to the blindside, and point it down the side of the van :-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Neil Brownlee uttered summat worrerz funny about:

H'mmm I've something like this, I 1.2 ghz (?) Wireless colour camera, It works on 12 v which I have three stabilsed supplies for.

I use one supply in the caravan then have the camera mounted on a metal plate which hooks on the rear window frame. The camera fastens via Velcro to the plate. The plate has a mirror mounted on it to reverse the image (keeping it really simple here!)

I then use a 2.5 inch colour TFT to view the image. The camera will broadcast 100m running on a 9volt battery for a short while, say 1 1/2 hours. It has IR lights and goes to B & W at night. the camera also has an AV out should you wish to use it as a normal camera.

All the kit cost me just around £80.00 off Ebay. Mine doesn't have audio but for a little more you can get the next modle up which does audio.

The beauty of this is you can use it in lots of different applications, it's relatively cheap, if you wanted to run it on a lap top as well then you could use a TV card should you desire.

Just another option to consider.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Stephen Hi,

Microcat states 433 MHz. But after speaking with the technical training director of LR here in Greece he told me that the 433 MHz frequency must be used in order to make the Venture Cam communicate with the vehicles video system. The older version of the Venture Cam was using the PAL system while for the

2005 and later vehicles they swithed to NTSC. And he believes (as you said) that for the video signal from the camera to the receiver in the car they use the 2.4 GHz range.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Neil thanks.

I also got your message on my direct e-mail but was very tight on time and only send you a very short thanks.

Thanks again Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos