vibration - harmonic balancer?

My Disco2 - TD5 has developed an engine vibration, peaking at about 2300 revs. Iv'e just had the clutch/flywheel/pressure plate changed and I thought this may have something to do with it. It does while driving, in neutral, with the transfer box in neutral and with the clutch depressed, so definitely engine. Any clues? Does the engine have a harmonic balancer that is prone to failure?

Steve W (in Aus)

Reply to
Steve/Aus

does it do it if the car is not moving? Not really my thing, but that never stopped me from having a comment. Maybe the propshaft coupling. I think its a rubber technical thingy.

Reply to
madhatchetman

I see :)

it's all about ..... context.

Reply to
William Tasso

In message , Steve/Aus writes

Could it be a misfire ?????

Yes they do have a harmonic damper on the front pulley. Yes it does fail but only generally causes a hard to place rattle at the front of the engine, which is worse when the aircon is on.

Reply to
Marc Draper

Thanks for the suggestions. It goes to the mechanics tomorrow but at this stage it appears to be either a mis-alignment of the plastic gearbox cover transferring vibration back to the body or the exhaust system has been stressed and mis-aligned transferring vibration to the body (or something similar)

Steve W (in Aus)

Reply to
Steve/Aus