Voltage sensitivity switch

200tdi 90 Voltage sensitivity switch. What does it do please? At the moment it appears to be the problem with my rear window demister. If I bypass it the demister system works OK but it was obviously put there for a purpose. Thanks, Peter
Reply to
Peter

I am taking a complete guess at this but i think it may well stop power going to the rear heated window, if the battery is running a bit low on volts? . I have an accessory outlet i fitted in my defender and it does the same if the batteries are a bit low. GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Prevents the heater coming on if the engine isn't running/battery charging ... I think :-)

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

Thanks chaps, I had the same sort of theory myself. It just seems a bit over complex as the only time it would really protect is when the engine is stopped but the ignition is on and the heated rear window is also on. I think I'll just bypass it and simplify the system. Any further theories would be very welcome. Thanks again, Peter

Reply to
Peter

I had exactly the same problem on mine. It costs about £70 for genuine replacement and £40 for a third party one. Its a timing device on the earth side of the circuit so that if you leave it on it doesnt cook the metalic stips in the window. Comes in and out something like every 11 minutes (from memory).

if you trace the wires theres a negative lead going in and one coming out. I simply took the earth lead that goes into the pesky box and bypassed around the switch straight to earth. problem solved.

The only thing is dont forget to turn it off when the screen's cleared itself...

Reply to
Jon Kelly