wanted: RR classic spoiler lamp.

That is not what it says; it says that in order to comply with the regulations they MUST be *designed* for driving on the RHS of the road. ie they must dip to the left.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Having just read what I wrote... the original statement does not make sense, unless it was mis-quoted.. of course we drive on the LHS of the road.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Thank Gawd, I've found it's bloody dangerous driving on the right round here!

Reply to
JacobH

I don't seem to have a ny bother.

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

On or around Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:00:52 -0000, "Jeff" enlightened us thusly:

no the point is that you can have 2 pairs of lights fitted, one dip-left and one dip-right, then you can have a changeover switch and have the correct dip pattern for driving on the right. It's done (or was, anyway) on some things that regularly drive on the right (e.g. on the continent) as well as in this country, saves all the farting about with black tape or beam converters.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

You only said it the other way round so I couldn't claim a brownie point :-(

Good for extra indicator repeaters though if you cut someone up in traffic.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Absolutely true. One of the courtesey cars lent by the people who spanner my SAAB is an M plate (IIRC) 9000 with 220,000 miles on the clock. It goes like a dream!

Reply to
Richard

OK - I've got two pairs, a Raydyot from a 1988 and a Wipac from a

1995. I think that these are LR originals but cannot guarantee it. Glass in all four intact but reflector 'roof' and 'floor' on the way out in the Wipacs.

I'll take some photos and drop them to you with more info.. Will that e-mail address work?

Reply to
Dougal

On or around Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:41:28 +0000, Richard enlightened us thusly:

once had a T reg (old T, that is) 99 EMS on loan from the ex-SAAB garage around here while our C-reg 99 was in for something. well quick, it was. I knew a chap with an original 99 turbo, and that was summat else in its day.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

There is a certain chap round here who has a couple ;) (1980 99T with factory water injection and a 78 99T waiting for me to get round to restoring)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Probably best use snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk Lovely

Reply to