Wanted: Series 2/3 doors cheap!

Hello all, I need to replace my Defender doors within the next few months but am unwilling to spend any money on proper Defender doors as frankly they're rubbish.

Given that series doors fit and give me much more knee room and significantly more elbow room and are less prone to being shit, I am looking for a pair in decent condition. Craddocks etc want about 300 quid for a pair, which is frankly ludicrous, I'm looking more for about 40 or so quid for each door. Are there any breakers or sellers out there particularly in the south or south west of England that have any available for reasonable prices?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Beamends do fully glazed door tops for around £28, bottoms are around the same & they are new matey.

Just need painting & off you go!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"They called him Jimmy the gent"

Reply to
Nige

Now that is a strange statement being as I am not enormosly enamored of my series 3 doors and if I were going retro would want the series 1 variety if anything. I would suspect most second hand series doors are as rotton as mine are or worse, at least I have not tracked down any decent ones yet :(

Reply to
Larry

Not sure if you're getting special prices but from their website it's about 45 quid for the top and bottom each, making that about 90 quid each side, and that's without catches, gaskets etc.

Still much cheaper than new Defender doors, but not quite as cheap as you're suggesting.

If I'm wrong and am missing something, do please set me straight, I'd love to be wrong ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

What is up with the defender doors? do the frames rot like series ones?

I'm also not sure i'd bother with second hand doors - Youre going to have to look fairly hard to find some second hand series doors that arnt going rotten.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Door tops - unglazed £23.03 inc VAT ea. Door tops - glazed £44.65 inc VAT ea. Door Bottoms - £44.65 inc VAT ea.

which would be (worst case) £178.60 inc VAT

a lot less that 300!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Yep, that's what I thought, about £100 more than I want to pay, especially after having done the month's finances, however if I get desperate I'll consider it.

Cheers!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Yes they do, and everything else as well, I posted a summary elsewhere in this thread.

Yes, but looking is generally cheap, so I'll try that first, I'm in no major hurry.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

You could have them on installments....... one bit a month for

4 months - plenty of time to get a nice paint finish ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Yeah but for one month I'd have to choose between cold face or cold nads, not sure which I'd go for!

As for paint, not sure what that is, please elaborate!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings