Wildy OT, but important

Dunno if anybody's seen this bill that's going through parliament just now:

It's a piece of enabling legislation which basically allows the government to nod *any* change of legislation through with simply select committee (i.e. Government Crony) approval.

A far better summary of the impact than I could write can be found at

There is a structured campaign against this piece of legislation which can be found at:

For the sake of all that's good please write to your local MP, Judge, Newspaper, any Lords you know and fight to have this killed.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

On or around Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:05:45 +0000, "Paul S. Brown" enlightened us thusly:

Yer not wrong. It's typical of the underhand way this current government is prone to operate.

I shall be writing to the MP pronto, thanks for the heads-up.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I agree, it's an appalling piece of proposed legislation and I have already written to my M.P. to say so. Let's do all we can to get it voted down!!

Simon

Reply to
Simon Oates

"Paul S. Brown" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net: