Re: Bloody weather & LPG!

> You can get some neat 80l ones to replace the petrol tank under the boot > floor. fit by putting 4 sod-off bolts through the floor.

Austin, petrol tank isn't under the boot floor in a P38. Wakey-wakey. ;-)

however, you then need a wing-mount petrol tank. I did this on the disco, > and it's a nice installation, but it ain't cheap. > > cheapest tank option is something like a 100l cylinder in the boot, but if > you use all the boot space then that's a no-no.
95 ltr filled-torroidal in the spare wheel well in the boot.
not sure you can do sill tanks on one with air suspension.

Nope, no room at the inn, as they say. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:07:54 +0000 (UTC), "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

Ah, I was thinking of classics still. 's hard to keep up with Nige, 'e's got a different motor every week, just about.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Sorry, I beg to differ. Can't be 100% certain re. Gems, but the 4.6 Thor variant with the Motronic management system definitely has spark cut-off on the overrun, it's essentially the same basic embedded coding architecture within the ecu as the 4.0, only difference is a slightly altered baseline fuel map when you program from Testbook or Rovacom etc. I have no reason to doubt the Gems setup being essentially similar. Having said that, I know of a 4.6 (Gems) locally with an AEB Leonardo setup, and it runs fine, but then the owner is, shall we say, old slow and gentle!

On that, I agree wholeheartedly. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

In message , Badger writes

Sorry I was only referring to Gems - didn't make that clear.

Reply to
hugh