Worn driveshafts?

In preparation for replacing the rear diff on my 88 RRC (see thread on rear diff knock noises) I pulled the driveshafts to check for wear and number of splines.

N/S shaft appears almost unmarked but O/S shaft has wear marks on the splines.

There is a very poor picture at

The wear marks appear much worse in the photo than in real life. Should I replace one or both of the drive shafts when I replace the diff?

TIA

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I wouldn't bother, that sort of marking is fairly normal and it's probably got another 150K left in it yet :-)

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

Looking at the pictrue you seem to have nothing to worry about - maybe you will need to change it after another 10 years?

Andrew Renshaw

Thanks. 'Tis what I thought. But, hopefully, I will not have the RR in

10 years!

Rgds Richard

Reply to
Richard