problems removing PTO cover

I would like to remove the PTO cover (Discovery 200TDi) to have a look at the condition of the output shaft.

However, I is stuck one with liquid gasket type stuff, which seems more like superglue than sealant. I have tried getting a skrewdriver between the lid and the transferbox, but had no success.

Any ideas of how to get if off? Would heat soften up the sealant? Or would a blowtorch to more damage than good?

Grateful for any advice,

Pieter

Reply to
Pieter Vroom