WTD: Acoustic Foam

Does anyone know where I can obtain inch thick acoustic foam, the sort designed to go in an engine compartment to "deaden" noise from an engine? Refurbishing an tower light, and some muppet has ripped a lot of it's foam padding out from the doors and walls. Needs to be able to withstand a reasonable ammount of heat as it's got an Mitsibushy L2E engine in there at 3000rpm :) Oh and if anyone knows a trick to getting rusty exhaust manifolds off i'd love to know :)

Reply to
Alex Threlfall

Got some a while ago from Frosts, who do all sorts of mail-order tools, accessories, chemicals and so on, aimed at the classic car market.

Sorry, don't have an address for them to hand - I'll post it if I find it, but otherwise, have a Google.

The rubberised felt I bought did the trick nicely in a 5.6ton Dodge truck with a noisy old Perkins Phaser 4 litre engine, so should be more than adequate for you! Frosts also carry some mega-glue to go with it and withstand heat.

:) K

Reply to
Kieran Turner

The guys at NoiseKiller (

?) supply the raw materials as well as kits.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor