1992 lexus es300 Help

Hi i hope im putting this question in the right placed ;-(

Anyway i have a lexus es 300 with a v6 24v engine and im having a bit of a problem with it . I hope someone can help me ,,the info on the car is as follow :

1992 Lexus es 300 V6 24v automatic trans. cruse all power abs airbags ect.

it starts up fine and will run although vibrating really hard and i have to keep my foot on the gas to keep it at 1000 rpms so that it will continue running ..i litterly drive it like a stick shift so it doesnt turn off the previous owner told me he had a tune up done but from my observation it looks questionable . i was told by someone eles that the vibration is comming from a missfire (one or more of the plug is not sparking )

when i drive it i have to wait a wile for it to pick up speed however in park if i press the gas the vibration seems to feel a bit lighter and put it in nutral wile pressing the gas to keep it from shutting off ..and i have a lot of light on when i drive as well the oil ,,little engine light telling me something is wrong and the airbag light seems to stay on as well for lack of a better word it seems to chug along very slow at 10 -20 mph for atleast 1 0r

2 car lenths then slowly speeds up nomatter how hard i push the gas pedal .. if anyone has any ideas i would really appreciate it thankxx a million

Someone help me please :-(

Reply to
Thomas J via CarKB.com

You haven't had a mechanic look at this mess and you expect someone here to figure it out?

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

From your symptoms it really could be almost anything

In order for an engine to run it has to be able to breathe (inhale as well as exhale) and requires fuel, compression and spark (ignition). With that in mind, your problem could be either 1 or a combination of:

-1 or more fouled (or broken/cracked) spark plug(s)

-fouled, blocked, broken (or even disconnected) injector(s)

-bad (weak) ignition coil

-defective, loose or corroded ignition coil primary side wiring

-bad plug wires or arcing between wires

-possible 1 or more plug wires disconnected or attached to wrong plug

-fuel contaminated with something (water?)

-partially blocked or restricted exhaust (stuck valve)

-one or more cylinders w/no compression, i.e., a hole in a piston

-timing belt mis-alignment

-cracked block or cylinder head etcetera..

How many miles are on it? When running is the exhaust clear or does it smoke? Is the smoke light (white or bluish tinge) or is it dark?

Just offhand I'd say you need to take it to a professi>Hi i hope im putting this question in the right placed ;-(

Reply to
New Owner

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:06:46 -0500, wdg@[206.180.145.133] (New Owner) graced this newsgroup with:

..all good advice. I also recommend that you do NOT drive the car. You may already done more damage by force the car to run in that condition.

Reply to
nospam

Sounds like you may need a new set of spark plug wires. If you haven't had a new set, it's probably time. If that doesn't solve it, come back and let us know if anything's changed.

Also: How many miles are on the engine?

Reply to
RR

umm there is 197000 on the meter not sure if its acuarate but that what it says but looking at the wires i think they should be changed as well ill change them and let ya know :-)

Reply to
Thomas J via CarKB.com