2004 LS 430 New information

I received a copy of the equipment and colors that will be available on the

2004 LS 430 from my local Lexus dealer. This is an official document with the Lexus logo on each page. It was originally created 3/31/2003 and revised on 5/9/2003. There have been no further updates to this document he is aware of. Production of the 2004 models begins on 8/1/2003.

New for 2004 will be a Smart Key option. Despite what has been rumored on autospies.com, there is NO 4-wheel drive option and no night-vision option (like the Cadillac Devilles have). The power rear window shade is now standard, as is the moonroof.

There is an option package called "Modern Luxury" containing the M. Levinson audio, nav system with a rear camera and bluetooth connectivity, 4-spoke wood and leather steering wheel, front climate control seats with a heat and cool knob, power door closures and headlamp washers, rear heated seats, and the intuitive parking assist.

There are other option packages, such as an Ultra Luxury package which mainly adds things for the rear seats, such as a rear seat adjuster, power rear window and manual rear door sunshades, rear air conditioner with air purifier, air suspension, and dynamic laser cruise control.

Regarding exterior colors - they are (this is the complete list): crystal white, moonlight pearl, flint mica, mercury metallic, black onyx, black cherry pearl, mystic gold metallic, briarwood pearl, cypress pearl, and blue onyx pearl. It looks like they have phased out the silver and the parchment. Does anyone know what moonlight pearl is? Is it a shade of white? How about mercury metallic, briarwood pearl (is this a dark green???), and cypress pearl (is this a light green????)

Reply to
nhey

The LS was never designed to be a sporty car but they've stuck a fairly awesome engine in it...

The GS was always supposted to fulfill that, although I think it's pissy they don't bring the japanese versions to the world. I guess we'll find out what the 2004/5 version brings...

Out of interest, is the 2004 LS merely an update or have they revamped the body as well? It doesn't yet have the smoothed back headlights that are so popular in JP.

LiFe.

Reply to
LiFe

Sorry to bother you, but a couple of questions:

  1. Did they kill the custom luxury package? Can you get the upgraded interior (aniline black leather, and enhanced wood) without buying the ultra luxury package? What about laminated side glass?

  1. Can you still get a european handling option?

Thanks. I'm going to have to scrounge a copy of that document from my dealer.

Reply to
bchargnon

Actually, it was. It was introduced as a luxury sports sedan...and it still is, it's just leaning more and more to the luxury end. The GS is just a smaller version of same. Pity they don't put a nice 5 or 6 speed manual box in it.

Reply to
GRL

BTW, I called Lexus corporate and my local dealership. Neither one could tell me anything about the car.

Looks like you snagged a scoop!

Reply to
bchargnon