92 LS400 - Charging System Problem

All was fine with the car until I took it in to a shop due to A/C leak. They said they found a corroded O-Ring somewhere beneath the battery that had been ruined.

So, they fixed that, and A/C is working great, but tonight while driving (100 miles after picking up the car) the battery drained out while I was driving.

My suspicion is that the A/C guy unhooked something that connects the alternator to the battery and didn't hook it back up when he was done.

For reasons of convenience, I'd like to find the problem myself rather than take it back to the shop, if possible.

Any ideas what someone might have undone in the vicinity of the battery to do that service that would disconnect the charging system?

Thanks much in advance for any help,

Joe

Reply to
Joe S

Check the battery cables to make sure they are tight and the cables are firmly attached to the clamps. Follow the negative battery cable to where it is grounded to the body. If you have a continuity checker, check for continuity between the body and negative battery cable.

Reply to
Ray O