93 ES300 --c'mon feel the noise

I bought my 93 es300 new, and have enjoyed most of the 10 years. I and my mechanics have been stumped by a repetitive knock or "clump" noise in the front driver's side. It was not bearings. I did the lower Aarm; axles too. The noise is most audible at speeds above40 mph, and the 'cadence' of the noise picks up speed as the car goes faster. the noise gets more noticeable as I turn the wheel to the right, and seems to go away when I turn the wheel to the left. The noise sounds very deep and solid--not a flimsy sort of sound. No shake in the steering wheel, brake pedal etc...Someone suggested it was coming from where the driver side axle enters the transmission?

Someone must have experienced this problem? I'd love to hear what the problem was...

Reply to group please.

Reply to
Dan