98 Lexus ES300 with AVS

I am buying a used 1998 Lexus ES300 77000 Miles with the AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension). I am wondering if the AVS system is reliable? Does it have a lot of problems? Because it would probably be expensive to fix if it has a problem.

My next question... Also on the dash when you turn it on you see a red car with squiggly tire tracks in the dash picture gram. The dealer told me VSC (Vehicle Stability Control) was not offered on the 98 ES300. But my 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD has the same picture gram when you start it up and the dealer told me that is the VSC self check. So does that mean mine 1998 Lexus actually does have VSC system? Or could they dealer have gotten the model's year wrong?

Thanks in Advance for any responses

Reply to
integra144

my 98 gs300 has VSC, so I think it is safe to assume the ES does as well.

Reply to
saxmaniac

Never had to work on ES AVS.... Haven't seen it break. (ever)

Reply to
xds