2006 Matrix - ABS and moonroof

I special ordered two months ago a 2006 Matrix (2WD XR model) with Vehicle Stability Control, ABS, and Option Package #1 (which does not include a moonroof). I need to stay away from the moonroof because the extra 1.7 inches of extra headroom is precious.

I was contacted today by the dealer to tell me that there is no way that Toyota will make the setup I requested (despite it within normal combinations allowed).

So what was the issue that kept me from getting my special order fulfilled? I thought it might be the VSC on a 2WD model.

But amazingly, I was told there was no way to get Toyota to put antilock brakes on a 2006 XR 2WD Matrix without the Extra Value Package #2 which includes 16" alloy wheels w/ P205/55R16 tires, cruise control, integrated foglamps, color-keyed front/rear underbody spoilers, and (unfortunately) a moonroof.

This is 2005. Anything above a base model, especially with any option package, should be including ABS!!! I'm certainly disappointed.

Also, I was also told Toyota is suffering somewhat of a shortage of engines for Corollas and Matrix's (Matrices?). They aren't spending much time with any special orders on either of these vehicles due to normal demand.

Bud H

2006 TOYOTA MATRIX XR 2WD (AUTO)

1912 2WD Sport Matrix Wagon 4-Door (Automatic Transmission)

8P4 Indigo Ink Pearl (exterior color) FB13 Stone (cloth interior)

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Z1 Accessory Pkg, Preferred (PIO) SP Extra Value Pkg #1 - (includes Cruise Control, Color-Keyed Front/Rear Underbody Spoilers, Integrated Foglamps) CK All Weather Guard Package PO Power Pkg AB Braking System, F&R Anti-Lock EF Bumper Protector, Rear (PIO) C1 Cargo Mat (PIO) CF Floor Mats, F&R (PIO) EV Radio, AM/FM Stereo w/6-Disc CD Changer in Dash BE Restraint System, F&R Head Curtain & Front Side Impact Air Bag V5 Security System, VIP RS3200 Plus (PIO) VS Stability Control, Vehicle . Standard & XR 2WD w/Auto Trans AW Wheels, 16" Aluminum RW Wiper, Intermittent Rear Window TIRES (4) P205/55R16

Reply to
Bud H

I guess tthey also figure anyone keeping up with ABS needs moonroof cooling.

Reply to
FanJet

Just a thought - perhaps you've already had it - the Vibe is fundamentally the same car. Would Pontiac be more accomodating? Some years ago, if memory serves, GM claimed that ABS had become standard on all their cars. Maybe it's still that way.

Reply to
dh

ABS is an option on the Vibe.

Reply to