Bluetooth Trouble

Well, the simplest thing that I can think of is to have another Bluetooth cell phone (one that will transfer the entire phone book at once - some can only do one contact at a time, and some (mainly the Verizon phones) cannot do any contact transfers at all), swap the SIM card from your phone to this other phone temporarily, download the contacts from the 2nd phone, then swap the SIM cards back and you now have all your contacts downloaded and your original phone back.

I've also heard of some people transferring from their laptops, too, but that isn't a simple process.

To note, Toyota uses:

list (most) available Bluetooth cell phones, and in the guidesavailable for each phone instructions for pairing, downloadingcontacts/phonebook, and a list of features that work or do not workwith the car's Bluetooth system. Lexus appears to use the same site, but has a different front end:

mrv

I just bought a '06 GS430 which has the Bluetooth technology. My cell phone service is with Verizon Wireless. When I tried to download the phone's phone book, it will not download. The customer service at Verizon said their technology prevented the download on purpose (supposedly for security reasons), but that he knew of someone at the Lexus dealership who knew how to make the download work (probably without Lexus' approval).

Has anyone had any experience with this problem and do you know of a way to do the download without involving the dealer?

Thanks,

David

Reply to
David