Hows does address book xfer work on RX400h bluetooth?

For the life of me, (and the owners manual is even less than vague), I can't figure out how to transfer my phone numbers from my cell phone to my address book in my RX400h. The synchronization doesn't seem to work. Is this something that only the dealer can do?

And, since the only way to set up speed dial it seems, is to xfer my address book, I can't set up speed dial either.

Has anyone ever successfully done this and if so, how?

tks

Reply to
01dyna

Some phones (mine included, from Verizon) won't work with the Bluetooth technology in a Lexus. I've discussed this several times with Verizon. They admit it won't work because of some design they did on purpose, but are never able to tell me why they did it...very frustrating.

David

Reply to
David

that's what I feared. After doing some research, I think the fastest and easiest way to transfer the address book (since there's not even a way to manually enter them in), is to just buy an old, used phone off ebay or craigslist from another carrier that has bluetooth and address book transfer capability. Then, enter in the phone numbers I want, sync up with my car and transfer the numbers over. Fortunately, I won't even have to subscribe to the other carrier to do this.

Verizon has a notorious reputation for crippling their phones. If it weren't for their coverage, I would of left them a long time ago.

Reply to
01dyna

I bought an old Siemens S56 on eBay for $9 and use it just as a tool to load/update my phonebook to my Lexus. A cheap and easy-to-use tool.

Walt

Reply to
njbok