BMW owner looking at Lexus

Well OK, but ONE person's SINGLE experience is hardly representative of customer service from all dealers. It is not hard to find similar stories for practically any car, including Lexus. Personally, I would not rule out something because of a single bad experience.

- Phil

Reply to
Phil

reader.com!nx02.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!newshosting.com!nx01 .iad01.newshosting.com!140.99.99.194.MISMATCH!newsfeed1.easynews.com!easyn ews.com!easynews!elnk-pas-n

1.POSTED!not-for-mail

oh it was a lot more than that I could go an and on about BMW, I have only been to the LEXUS dealer twice and guess what it was unbelievable, best service I've ever seen at any dealer anywhere, i actually had my wife go back for nothing just to see how a customer should be treated it was that good, the BMW shop is only across the street but it may as well be on the other side of the globe.

Mike

Reply to
Simmonsmc

The severity of your experience doesn't change anything. It is still just ONE experience. One person brought in his BMW M3 to a BMW dealer and an employee apparently took it for a joy ride, wrecking it, and totaling the car. Despite that, some BMW dealers are great, others are not. Lexus does have an excellent reputation, and they earned it, but to believe that all must be outstanding is deluding yourself.

- Phil

transformer

Reply to
Phil

Again, if one attempts to start a car with a dead battery from another car then you are doing two things: charging the dead battery and trying to start the stalled car. You incorrectly implied (actually, said) that there is no difference between a donor car battery (only) starting another car with a dead battery and the donor car's battery starting just the donor car itself (no second car present). I said, it's not the same thing and I'm right. It makes no sense to have the donor car's engine not running when doing a jump start.

Now, having said that, I did find one link on the web in which a fellow in Canada claimed that he observed several cases of the diodes in the alternator of a donor car failing because of the current surge resulting from the alternator trying to charge both the donor car's battery and the stalled car's battery while the stalled car's starter is also operated. I kind of doubt that this could happen unless the donor car's batter was also close to shot, but that's what the guy claimed.

AAA Michigan suggests that one try to charge the stalled car for a little while from the donor and then try a start with the donor car's engine off and the two batteries connected and when/if that fails to fire up the donor car's engine and try again.

Gee, and to think all this got started because that little Beemer could not jump start my LS.

- GRL

"It's good to want things."

Reply to
GRL

Ah, the armchair mechanic at his best.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I dont believe I ever said all BMW dealers are bad but I'm not driving all over the state just to get one and search out a good dealer when I have a great local lexus dealer in fack theres 2 very good Lexus dealers that I know of withen 20 minutes, the BMW was a good car just over priced and lousy dealer support and yes I made several calls to BMW north america guess what they said ! yes absolutly no help at all!!

Reply to
Simmonsmc

sounds like a typical BMW dealer to me

Mike

Reply to
Simmonsmc

Hey, I have a BIG little Beemer (M3)! Will never really know whether that BMW was normal or not I guess, but my owner's manual for the M3 says start the donor car if needed, no matter if the M3 is the dead car or the receiving car.

- Phil

simultaneously

Reply to
Phil

Beemers are the motorcycles. The cars are bimmers.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Jeeez. Get a life.

People call them Bimmers and Beemers and everybody knows that they mean BMW when they use either term.

Reply to
GRL

Elmo, it's time for you to "buy a clue". Because you clearly don't have one.

Reply to
GRL