brake pads

I used to work on my own Volvo 122S waayyyyy back when. I could change the brake pads in about 15 minutes simply by jacking up the car, popping off the circlips that held the pads in place, pushing the actuators out enough to get the new thick pads in place (which would cause brake fluid level to rise in the master cylinder), slide the new pads in, put the circlips back in place, let the car down. Done.

Can this be done on Lexi? Specifically I have a 92 ES300 and I have a friend with a 91 ES250 (though I have trouble thinking of the 250 as a Lexus!)

Thanks.

Reply to
RR

Almost as easily. You have to remove the caliper but that's just a couple of bolts. The pads then slip into place on the carrier which remains straddling the rotor. You have to push the pistons back into the calipers while it's off (hydraulic line still connected though) and hold the pads pinched together (there's some little "hair pin springs" that prevent the pads from dragging when the brakes are not applied) while sliding the caliper back into place. That can be a little awkward, seems like you need

3 hands but it's technically simple.
Reply to
Jeff Bertrand