Consumer Reports top rates Luxury SUV: RX 330

The September 2003 Consumer Reports has top rated the new RX330 among Luxury SUVs.

Here is a small excerpt:

"The Lexus RX330 scored highest of the group and is now the top-rated SUV we recommend. The RX330 is a redesign of the excellent RX300; the new designation reflects its larger, 3.3-liter V6 engine."

Reply to
DonB

Yes, but they also says one of its "Lows" is Cargo Capacity. The 330

34.5 cu. feet of cargo capacity with the rear seats down. The RX300 had 37.5. That's an 8% reducti>The September 2003 Consumer Reports has top rated the new RX330 among >Luxury SUVs. >
Reply to
Bob Grabowski

And here's another excerpt from page 54 of that issue (re: RX 330) -

"But the vehicle is not particularly agile. Body lean is pronounced in corners, and the steering feels a bit dull".

The Acura MDX was nailed for its emergency handling, and they don't seem to like the BMW X5 or the Volvo XC90.

I'd probably still pick the RX330 over the Infinity FX35.

Reply to
Iona Camry