Sequoia to RX-330?

I currently own a 2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited with 30k miles. I really like the Sequoia but now that the kids have left the nest, we no longer need such a huge vehicle. Plus I cringe every time I fill up and it costs me $40+. My overall gas mileage since I've owned the Sequoia, according to the doo-dad above the rear view mirror is 17.6 MPG. I suppose that's not too bad for such a beast but...

Anyway I'm ready to move on to something smaller and possibly a bit more efficient. I was originally considering the Toyota Highlander FWD but have since found a growing interest in the Lexus RX-330.

Totally different animals I know. I'm interested in hearing from those that own the RX-330 (or 300 I suppose) and even more interested in those that have had experience going from something like the Sequoia to the 330.

If it means anything I see that Consumer Reports states that the RX300/330 has received their highest rating ever for an SUV.

Thanks!

Reply to
BOHICA

If you can squeeze almost 18 MPG out of a Sequoia, there is NOT reason to get rid of it. It will take you 100 years to justify the gas savings versus a Highlander/RX330. The REAL question is what magician do you know who is getting you 18 MPG on a Sequoia?

Your issue is car boredom...not the need for a new vehicle.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

Agreed on the boredom part. But still it is way too much vehicle for our needs. It was probably too much vehicle for us from the very beginning. :-) The 3rd row seats have never been used and have been removed for the past 18 months. According to Kelley and NADA info it has kept it's value fairly well.

Reply to
BOHICA

I have found that the doo dad above the rear view mirror (trip computer) on my Sequoia is optimistic by about 2 1/2 to 3mpg from reality. Try checking your gas mileage the old fashioned way and you'll likely see that yours is the same. This is common on the Sequoia. I don't think there's any way to average nearly 18mpg with the Sequoia unless nearly all of your driving is on the highway.

Reply to
doctormdds

I went the other way, from a RX300 to a GX470. About the same size as the Sequoia. I like the larger feeling that the GX gives. We went from a GMC mini van to the RX initially. I don't need the extra room either since it's only the wife and me now, but the room is great. I won't go back down in size.

Reply to
Kbach