Dealership for body repair?

I finally got a ding & scratches between the rear door and rear wheel on the driver's side of my 06 ES330. No idea how and when it happened, but I'm glad the door is not damaged.

Should I visit my dealership or can any good body shops do the job?

Reply to
KlausK

Any **good** body shop can do the job, but you have to know which ones are good. You can ask the local Lexus dealer service department for recommendations.

Reply to
Ray O

My Lexus dealership, Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA, did a great job on the body work on my 05 ES-330 ($6200 damage) BUT:

1) they lost my wheel lock so had to buy me all new lug nuts and lock

2) chipped/scrapped my rear left wheel (of course, it's my word against theirs)

3) improperly reconnected ground wire(s) so my exterior lights don't always work.

Be very careful and go over the car with the proverbial 'fine-toothed comb' when you pick it up.

Reply to
Mike Piacente

Unless your dealership has an on-site body shop (which may be out sourced anyway), they'll usually drive to a local body shop with whom there's a contract. But compare prices anyway.

Any good shop should be able to fix it. Check with your local police department and see where they have their patrol cars' sheet metal repaired. Seriously.

Reply to
johngdole

Good Advice!

I was rear ended years ago in a 1984 Saab, and didn't realize the body shop "forgot" to replace my auto jack until I needed it!

Reply to
Jerohm

Haha the Pohanka "Collision" shop in Chantilly is a joke. Don't get me wrong they are the most polite folks around. Very curteuos and professional in their demeanor.

But let me tell you I had my 1999 LS 400 in their for body work and it took them 105 days to fix it. 3 times I went to pick the car up as they said it was ready and evry time the quality control was horrible. The car still has some body issues, but I got so tired of them it isn't worth taking back. I may sue them - I have 3 years in VA to do this.

ALso the amount of lot damage I experienced was trememndous.Both die view mirors, fron and rear bumpers (they had replace the rear bumper to begin with) I took 95 pictures of my car right before the flatbed picked it up so it wasn't my word vs. theirs...

The pictures don't lie. I don;t have enough room on this reply to tell you AVOID these folks they are horrible. They keep saying we have a lifetime" guarantee on our work, and finally I said what good is a guarantee like this if you cannot do the work right in the first place.

These folks are a "joke". If oyu have minor scratches take it their,if you have major work, avoid them like the plague.

I mean they billed the insurance for the rear trunk lid complete restoration and left rust on the lid. Not to mention they forgot to connect the lights on the license plate. I went to puck up the car the first time and they had routed the brake likne so that it was rubbing the axle... I could go on and on and on.... I tried to have the insurance company kick them off the select service list, but too much at stake for the insurance compnay to do this I gues....

Anyway not suprised they lost your wheell lock and that you had lot damamge.

Darren

Reply to
dt-nospam-ewing