desactivate alarm '98 es300?

I asked this a few months ago, but I don't think I ever received an answer. How can you desactivate the car alarm of a '98 ES300? The problem I'm having is that I need to open the trunk before opening the car. Otherwise, the car alarm will go off. The other option is to fix the sensors in the driver and passenger doors, but I've read they're expensive and I don't know where to purchase them used.

Thanks.

Reply to
VMI

You should be able to open the trunk with the remote or the key without tripping the alarm.

There are 3 switches for each front door - courtesy light switch, a switch hooked up to the lock cylinder, and a door unlock detection switch.

There are 2 switches for the trunk lid - a switch hooked up to the latch and a switch hooked up to the lock cylinder. If the alarm goes off when you open the trunk from the trunk release or with the remove, check the switch on the latch and related circuit. If the alarm goes off when you open the trunk with the key, check the switch on the lock cylinder.

The problem could be as simple as sticking switch that a shot of WD-40 might free up.

Reply to
Ray O