Peugeot 807 unreliable alarm

The alarm on my Peugeot 807 is unreliable as it sounds for no apparent reason.

There is a button on the side of the dashboard inside the driver's door that you press to disable the internal ultrasonic sensors, especially when there is a dog in the car. This does not appear to work properly as the dog then triggers the alarm as before. The main dealer says they cannot disable the alarm and only offer some expensive replacement as an option. An independent guy could not get his laptop to talk to the onboard computer so was unable to help.

My previous Peugeot 806 had a key switch under the bonnet to turn off the sounder which was OK because only lights would flash when it triggered falsely.

Is the re anything I can do as I would prefer to disable it altogether. Is there any point in sticking something over the internal ultrasonic sensors?

Thank

Graham

Reply to
Graham Brooker

Over the past twenty years I've not seen the point in alarms. Everyone ignores them as they are going off most of the time, especially in windy weather. I gave up using them in the 80's and went to more physical methods to stop people taking my car away. Something that alerts me silently to someone touching the car would be more useful. Perhaps a key ring fob that bleeps.

Paul J

Reply to
PaulJ

Nedavno PaulJ napisa:

What about the alarm that sends SMS message to your mobile phone when it's triggered? Or SMS with location of your car? I find that usable.

Reply to
Yvan