Trunk Latch override ES350 -07

I have a 07 ES350
I would like to be able to open the trunk from the outside (pushing the little button next to license plate) without having the key in my pocket

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 20:06:37 -0500, josh_carter

Are you sure you know what you are asking?? If you could do what you asked, then anyone could just walk up to your car and just push the button to open your trunk!!
If my doors were unlocked..yes. The same way on all my other vehicles.

I think you are SOL.

Anonymous wrote:

My old mercedes had two ignition keys, one would open the doors, the trunk and start the engine, the other would only open the doors and start the engine, you could not open the trunk with the second one. The idea was that you could theoretically give your car to a parking attendant and no one would be able to get into your trunk and say steal your camera. I think the FOB thing makes this option possible, but it requires programming and so far, I don't know of any car that lets you program anything from the master display on the control panel. This is really too bad, then again, how many folks would be interested or savvy enough to use this feature, if it cost extra.

The Lexus has the same master and valet key setup. Push in the lock button inside the car and the trunk cannot be opened from the inside release, key fob, or valet key.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)
josh_carter wrote:

You said all your other cars work this way. Do they have smart keys? What model cars are you referring to?
It sounds like the only time this situation would arise is if the car is unlocked in your garage and you don't want to bother getting your smart key to open the trunk. If that's the case, just open the driver's door and push the interior trunk release button, lazybones. :)