engine wont start

I have sent this email already but doing this to make sure. My engine wont start and just makes a loud click noise. All the lights inside and out work fine. LS400 1992

Reply to
ckim574

Despite "all lights working OK" still sounds like the battery to me. Will car start when battery jumped?

Check the terminals for corrosion-- if dirty, clean terminals by removing, then wire brush terminal and inside of cable. Be sure to tighten securely when replacing.

In general I have found Lexus supplied batteries (usually Interstate battery branded to Lexus) very poor. Try Sears DieHard or other unless you are still under battery warranty.

Good Luck.

Reply to
Xplant