ES 330 Navigation System

I have a new 2005 es330 with Navigation System. I am not pleased with the results of using the voice activation. It seems to give different results and is very unstable. Is there a good source for information as to what it is supposed to do?. I checked the books and information that came with the Vehicle, but again very incomplete information is furnished. Thanks Burton

Reply to
Burt

I have the same vehicle, and about the same results.. Just doesn't work very well. I say the exact same thing, and it will come up with about 5 different answers. I pretty much have went back to the buttons for input.

I have talked to automatic phone services that work much better. I do have an outdated listing of voice commands that I can sent you if you want.

Bob

Reply to
wasson

I just took my 2005 ES330 in for the 5,000-mile warranty inspection and the service writer told me he would order a new CD upgrade because there was a "defect" in the 05 ES330 Navigation System (he didn't go into any detail). They would notify me when the disk came in and would upload it for me (it's supposed to take about 40 minutes).

I rarely use my Nav System, but when I have used it, it's about 50-50 as far as accuracy goes. I didn't know anything about any 'defect' until today. Makes you wonder if Lexus would have ever notified us, doesn't it? I guess Lexus figures if it doesn't tell anyone it's a warranty fix, then when you want to buy the upgrade disk, you have to pay $195 or whatever the price is now (maybe I'm just being cynical).

My suggestion would be to complain to your dealer.

Reply to
Mike Piacente

I got my new DVD a couple of weeks ago. It is not really a defect, only an update to the DVD.

Reply to
Carroll Boardway

What is the version of the DVD? I think mine is ver.04.02

I had lots of fun this weekend in NC. A lot of the roads were on the display, but the darn system did not know they were there. If the roads appear in a dim gold color, all you get is the picture. These roads are not used in navigation. Bring a map anyways. My Garmin unit puts this to real shame. My Co-Pilot also does a lot better. Sorry I opted for it. The safety lockouts kill me too! Even the radio messages are locked out when you move. What about checking for a passenger?!?

How about a code to unlock the driver safety for the radio and Nav? We are grownups?

Courtney

Reply to
Pete