ES300 Opinions and Experiences ...

Greetings to all ... My wife and I are new Lexus owners.

We just purchased a pre-owned 2002 ES300 (loaner car) from a local Lexus Dealer here in Houston, Texas on Saturday. The car has 11,000 miles, appears to be in excellent condition and came with an extended

7yr/60,000 mile warranty.

We would very much like to hear your experiences and from others out there who have purchased the same type of vehicle.

Thanks in advance!

-- Phil

__________________________ Remove "nospam" to reply.

Reply to
Phil

Great vehicle. I traded my '02 ES for an '03 LS430...not because I didn't like it...quite the contrary...I loved it so much I wanted to "graduate" to the next level.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

I absolutely love my 2002 ES 300. Mine has the Mark Levinson, Navigation (with the '03 update) and is fully loaded. I only have 9500 miles on mine, but I really love my vehicle.

Reply to
jt

Quieter? I think BOTH vehicles were extremely quiet...in other words, the ES was probably about as quiet as the LS. In fact, I "ground" the starter on the ES a few times because I didn't realize the engine was running.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

One immediate difference I noticed in the steering between the 94 ES300 I own and a 2002 ES300 loaner I drove is that the 2002 has far more resistance and stiffness when turning the steering wheel. My 94 turns so easily I can literally use my pinky to make a turn. This was an item on the 2002 that surprised and disappointed me, not that I'm shopping for a new car at this time.

- SF

Reply to
Steven Flegel

I own a 1993 ES300 Lexus which now has 210 000 kms (130 000 miles) and it is still as taut and quiet as a new car. You will love it for many years. Be warned that maintenance and repairs are expensive. I just had the radiator, the exhaust system and the brakes replaced and it cost me nearly double what it would have cost for a domestic car.

In fairness to GM, I have to say though that I also own 1994 Oldsmobile 88 with 320 000kms (200 000 miles) and it is holding up just as well as the Lexus in terms of quietness, reliability etc.

However, although the paint is still very shiny and there is no corrosion to speak of, the Olds certainly does not have the image and style of the Lexus which sure does not look like a 10-year old car!

A.Z.

Reply to
A.Z