GX

Hi We are looking for a new SUV at the end of this year. We feel the RX is too small ... I have heard a rumor the GX is a poor seller and may be dropped from the line. Should that influence my decision to buy. Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Reply to
BobT

I had a GX.. It is an excellent truck/SUV. Lots of leather, not the most attractive, but very functional interior, except the third row seats. Now the down side:

Lots of problems for an expensive car: Mess up on the 6000lbs GVW for the 2003 models There was a long time waiting for trailer towing devices Clunks in the drive train Vibrations at 1800 rpm Inaccurate instrumentation That damn barn door rear that opens to the right.

Lexus does claim the sales are good and the early problems had all been cured. If it is still in productions.

Reply to
Stuck in Central Florida

Based on this person's response you're likely to run away from the GX. Sales have exceeded Lexus' expectations; I believe that the 6,150 GVW for '04s have helped sales. I bought one myself for the tremendous business tax benefit. I would encourage anyone contemplating buying any automobile to browse the forums on

before you make a decision. And remember not to assume that because one person had a problem with a car, everyone has the same problem. The important thing to consider is how well the manufacturer and dealer respond to problems. Lexus has an excellent reputation for quality and customer service. I am happy with mine. The GX has made Four Wheeler magazine's 4X4 of the year for two consecutive years. It it also listed as a "recommended" SUV by Consumer Reports magazine. Do you think that Lexus is going to stop making them?

Reply to
James P. Clark