New GX Truck Sales

I am wondering how the GX truck (4Runner based) is selling? I see RX trucks all over the place but not too many GX's. I looked at it and, frankly, thought it was just too much money. Also the third row "strap-on" seats were wierd. Ford is killing the Lincoln Aviator and I am wondering if Lexus has a clunker on it's hands as well. In other words, perhaps $50grand for a "midsized" SUV is too much.

Reply to
B.D. Newman

I owned one until yesterday. The GX is one fine SUV. It drives like a smaller car and has a capacity close to the LX. When you compare it to the BMW X5 and Benz M Class, the GX has all the features of both and it is much more reliable. Other than the barn door rear, I liked most everything about it. The third row of seats are for 'small people.'

Why don't I have today? The GVWR was changed from 6100 lbs to 6000 lbs. That has a very expensive US income tax implication.

Reply to
Stuck in Central Florida

Can you explain this tax implication? Is it only for business use, or does it apply to anyone?

Lexus gave owners $1000 as a "rebate" for having the GVWR sticker updated on their cars -- I wonder if that's related to the tax bite?

Reply to
Carl

If you think it's "expensive", go look at the Lincoln Aviator, a $50,000 SUV based on the Ford Explorer.

Higher end SUV prices are just plain ridiculous. All of them

Reply to
GRL

Yeah, but Aviator was just "killed" by Ford (during the '05 model year) for poor sales. So it's no example.

Reply to
B.D. Newman