How change air filter on RX300 (engine, not cabin)...

How do I change the engine air filter on an RX300? I see 2 clasps, but disconnecting things doesn't let the filter cover move anywhere
near enough to let me get to the filter. What else am I supposed to disconnect?
Also, does vacuuming an air filter (in reverse direction of engine air flow) do any good in between filter changes?
Thx, - TK